[Baked on 6 Mar 2013]
In order to know if a butter is really good and fragrant, bake a fuss-free butter cake. Thanks to the chefs at SATS, this butter cake was a true testimony of how fragrant and buttery Liv is! Enjoy this dense and creamery Liv Butter cake!
Recipe for LIV Butter Cake, modified from LIV Butter Cake Recipe (halved of the original recipe)
(Makes a 7" square pan, or a 8" round pan)
250g Liv Salted butter, soften at room temperature
250g Top flour (or cake flour)
3 Large eggs (approx. 60g without shells)
4g Baking powder
30g Whole milk (or evaporated milk)
145g Caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease or line a 7" square pan.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer at slow speed until soft, then medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Mix top flour with baking powder and sift twice. Set aside.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl and mix, but do not whisk.
- Pour the eggs into the batter slowly in three batches. Ensure the egg is absorbed by the batter before adding more.
- Fold the sifted flour into the batter slowly, making sure that the batter absorbs the flour evenly.
- Mix in the milk and ensure it is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for approximately 45mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle is clean.
Note: Original recipe says to bake for 30mins. However, after 30mins, my cake centre was still very wet. I continued baking until the centre was cooked. It could likely due to the fact that I only use 160C for my Sharp oven. Try 30mins and adjust accordingly.
I have a LIV Butter Cake recipe card to giveaway. If you like to collect recipe card, and have tried LIV Salted or Unsalted Butter, please leave a comment and tell me what you have cook/bake with LIV Butter and why do you like it. I'll select the best comments and send you the recipe card.
Updated on 23 March 2013:
Thanks to the generosity of the people at Liv Butters. They will be sponsoring five Liv Salted and five Liv Unsalted butters to a winner. For those who had try LIV Butter, please leave a comment on why you like it. For those who had not try, please tell me what you will be using LIV Butter if you won the 10 blocks. Good luck!
Closing Date: 29 March 2013.